You will develop an understanding of the construction sector considering health and safety legislation and welfare, construction technology and working as part of a group. You will explore other vocationally-relevant topics and experience practical training on basic block paving.
Objectives and course overview
- IT User fundamentals
- Preparation for work
- Block paving skills
- Hand-tool maintenance
- Mix motar skills
- Produce a CV
- Building working relationships with colleagues
- Working in the construction industry
- Preparing for an interview
- Developing team working skills
- Search for a job
- Safe learning in the work place
- Health and safety in the construction environment
- BTEC Level 1 certificate in construction
- Level 1 Award in health & safety in a construction environment
- Level 1 Extended personal diploma for employment
- Green CSCS Card
Further to completing this course you will then be given the option of progressing into a further qualification in construction multi-trade which is 6 weeks and this will cover
- Painting & Decorating
Course Delivery Details:
Start Date: Monday 8th March 2021
Completion Date: Friday 19th March 2021
Course Duration: 2 Weeks (Monday - Friday)
Venue: Nottingham Skills Academy, Clarence Court, Nottingham, NG3 2FB.
During the course you will be provided with all the PPE you will need to participate in the course. The PPE provided is similar to what you would be expected to wear on a construction site. You will also get to keep it once you have finished, this will help set you on the right track for you career.
- - Learners must be 19+ (prior to the 1st August 2021)
- - Learners must be unemployed, and claiming an employment related benefit
- - Learners must be a legal UK resident.
- - Learners must not have completed the equivalent of course qualifications previously, at the same level or above.
- - Live in the Nottingham area.
Interested? Then click HERE to apply!