About the employer:
Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, with over 2,300 stores in the UK, ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores. We are looking for a number of apprentices to join our dedicated team of enthusiastic and productive team members based at our Stores Service Centre at our Beeston site in Nottingham.
This is an automated round-the-clock operation providing fantastic service to our customers who place orders for our products via Boots.com. The operation also supports all the Boots stores across the UK ensuring our seasonal and Mothercare products get to the right store at the right time.
The job placement will include a rotation of a number of roles within our warehouse to give you a great experience of working in one of these busy operations.
This opportunity is a great way to learn new skills or build on the skills you may already have. You will also be required to operate our warehousing and packing equipment, but you will get all the training and support you need.
Our Warehouse teams are legendary for their care for customers, colleagues and the community. You’ll join a big, diverse and friendly team and quickly become part of many activities, including charity events, listening sessions and even local competitions! You’ll find plenty of support on hand when you need it, including regular support from your line manager and mentor.
What you’ll be doing on your apprenticeship:
To give you a great experience of working at our busy Stores Service Centre, you will be ensuring that stock is on our warehouse system for customers to order and that all customer orders placed via our online platform are picked and packed on time and to a high standard to meet customer demands. These orders are then delivered to the customer either directly to their homes or to one of our stores where the customer can collect from.
- A great experience of working in a warehousing environment
- Receiving stock on our warehouse system for customers to order
- Processing customer orders placed via our online platform are picked and packed on time and to a high standard to meet customer demands
- Place the stock into the appropriate containers (totes) or onto pallets
- Making sure that our stock is picked correctly and well-presented ready for our stores
- Have opportunities to work in the Inbound, Pick & Pack & Despatch team to understand how products get to customers and stores
- Learn about the importance of Health & Safety and drive excellent standards throughout our warehouse
You’ll be on a Boots employment contract from the start of your Level 2 Supply Chain Warehousing Operative apprenticeship, and upon successful completion will remain a valued team member at Boots.
In order to be considered successful for this role, you are looking for individuals who are
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Committed to the apprenticeship programme and always tries their best, ensuring they are on time and enthusiastic about learning. Dedicated to completing their academic studies
- Happy and confident working in a fast paced environment
- Able to speak to different people in the warehouse
- Able to pay attention to ensure the right stock is being picked for the right store and is confident in raising issues if needed.
- Able to help and support the warehouse operation when needed and organise themselves accordingly
Applicants need to have either
- GCSE in Maths and English at Grade D-G or above / Grade 1 or above
- Functional skills at level 1 or above
You must be 18 years or over to be considered for this vacancy.