Company: Nottingham City Council Enviroenergy
The SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Technical Assistant Administrator role is a varied and interesting role. You will be working closely with and providing support to the Safety & Environmental Manager and Team. You are required to have administration experience, however, on the job training is provided. Enviroenergy want some one who will want to learn develop and stay for a long time.
1. Working closely with all Stakeholders in the development of such strategies, as well as through the monitoring of accident, incidents and near misses and lessons learnt.
2. To assist in the embedding of all aspects of health and safety monitoring, advising and preparation of documentation to support the front line operation. Providing advice and guidance to business managers on how to create safe working practices.
3. To assist in the production and implementation of all necessary recording systems for health and safety and ensure their maintenance. Design, implement and manage procedures to monitor key performance indicators and reporting. Together with the Health Safety & Environmental Manager, own the HS&E meeting Action Log and encourage business wide contribution and delivery.
4. Assist with all aspects of HS&E continuous improvement. Deliver and support the delivery of: Safety Tours, Toolbox Talks, Internal Audits as scheduled, Policy and Principles, Work Instructions, Standard Operating and Maintenance Procedures. Own specified Work Instructions and carry out reviews / amendments. Work with the Health Safety & Environmental Manager to create an integrated HS and Environmental Management System.
5. Assist with completing actions that are tracked via the Environmental Management Programme and the EE CAR system.
6. Support reviews of environmental legislation via the Legislation Update Service that EE subscribes to.
7. Assist with improving tools for reporting on environmental performance.
8. Provide environmental advice to staff as and when needed.
9. Support the Health Safety & Environmental Manager with ensuring permit requirements are adhered.
10. To administer and maintain the SHEQ project plan in accordance with version control requirements.
11. To support the Health Safety & Environmental Manager to proactively schedule SHEQ works in line with permit requirements.
12. To support the Enviroenergy Management team in the preparation of presentations, plans, reports and briefings on matters of a complex and nature.
13. Working closely with all Stakeholders in the development of such strategies, as well as through the monitoring of accident, incidents and near misses and lessons learnt.
14. To supervise, and allocate work to, immediate colleagues where required.
15. To record and manage incoming/outgoing mail using Excel data and mail entry systems. To provide support in monitoring performance systems and reporting outputs. To co-ordinate outstanding responses to incoming mail to assist the project team in ensuring that corporate standards are met.
16. To administer meetings, preparing papers and taking minutes and progress chasing actions as required.
17. To organise, monitor and maintain files of the team’s correspondence, records, and mail etc, following up on pending matters, responding to and redirecting items as necessary.
18. To maintain project management documentation in line with a proven project management methodology for individual projects and ensuring that individuals keep up to date with any actions.
19. Work with colleagues, customers and suppliers to ensure that their project inputs are appropriately scheduled and delivered.
20. Ensure that effectively financial monitoring of projects is undertaken and that this is embedded in all projects.
21. To support the development of colleagues to ensure consistency of service delivery.
22. To work outside normal office hours as and when necessary.
23. Support the Management team ensuring permit requirements are adhered.