About the employer:
We are proud to be One Team at East Midlands Railway (EMR). We are passionate about keeping people safe, delighting our customers, doing the right thing and putting customers at the heart of our sustainable railway for the East Midlands. With over 2,300 employees, our people are the reason we are so successful and the Fleet Depot Operations teams make a crucial contribution to this. Six times accredited as a Top Employer, we value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an exciting opportunity to apply to our Operations Team Member Talent Pool at Nottingham Eastcroft depot.
At EMR we want to proactively embrace diversity across our workforce and recognise that we are under-represented in terms of females and ethnic minority groups. We’re therefore taking positive steps to promote a positive and inclusive culture; we welcome applications from those that identify with these groups to better represent our communities.
About the role:
The Operations Team Members are responsible for:
- The safe operation and movement of rolling stock within the Depot and associated sidings
- All train movements, including moves involving the maintenance shed using the Depot Protection System
- Completing train formations as required
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment.
Whilst it would be ideal if you are already competent in Safety Regulations/Depot Protection System and certified in Rules & Regulations and Personal Track Safety, we will offer training in all these areas for successful candidates.
Please note – this role can be very physically demanding. Working outside in all weather conditions, pulling points and carrying salt bags weighting up to 25kg are all a regular requirement of the role.
You will also need to be able to work a 24/7 shift pattern with regular night working. Shift allowance is paid from the outset.
Hours of work:
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits, including a defined benefit pension scheme and free travel on East Midlands Railway and Train Operating Companies under Abellio & LNER. You will also receive subsidised travel across the rail network with other train operation companies.
We promise to treat you fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment and selection process.
If you are interested, here’s what happens next!
- Complete the online application form and upload your CV. As we operate a blind screening process, please remove all personal information, including your name, from your CV
- If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a short video interview online. You will receive an email link to follow and record your video interview to answer the questions
- If successful, the next stage is to complete our safety critical psychometric tests online
- If you pass testing, the final stage will be a competency based interview and site visit with our depot team
If successful at interview, we will either offer you a role, if one is currently available or place you into a Talent Pool for up to 12 months. During the 12 months, you won’t need to apply again and as soon as a role becomes available, we can just pick up the phone and make you an offer straight away.