|Employer||Ascot House Residential Home|
|Salary||Age related National Minimum Wage (18-20: £6.45, 21-24: £8.20, 25+: £8.72)|
|Hours||Full Time and Flexiable|
Are you a caring person who likes bringing smiles to people’s faces? Would you like to join a kitchen team of cooks who spend every day making a difference to our elderly residents’ lives?
ny related experience, whether personal or professional, would be beneficial but is not essential as training and on-the-job support will be provided.
Duties will include:
• Understanding and following Food Hygiene regulations relating to:
• Temperature recording
• Using specified food preparation areas
• Follow the homes menu plan and helping with creating new interesting menus
• Stock rotation and ordering of goods
• Knowledge and provision of different dietary requirements (allergies, soft diet, fortified, fork mashable)
• Ensuring the kitchen checks are completely daily – both opening and closing checks
• Following the Safe Food, Better Business Guidelines
• Must be able to communicate well with team members to ensure a seamless transition between cooks
Enhanced DBS Checks will be required for this post – arrangements for this to be discussed upon application.
Please be aware that this vacancy is being supported under the Nottingham Jobs Fund and applications can only be accepted from the following clients:
For further enquiries and to apply, please send your CV and a Covering Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you include a contact telephone number so Ascot House can call for an informal chat/interview regarding the role.