To become part of the apprenticeship programme and be trained in all aspects of the Engineering Maintenance function at Walgreens Boots Alliance (based at Beeston, Nottingham).
The full Apprenticeship will work towards a level 3 qualification (progressing to HNC), during which time training and assessments will be carried out in the workplace and on a day release basis with our preferred training provider, West Nottinghamshire College.
The Appointment (about the employer)
Our goal is to provide a cost effective and efficient solution to our clients' needs. As a business we offer and deliver construction, equipment, facilities management and citizen services. We are headquartered in the UK and FTSE listed, having gross revenues c. £3.7 billion and a workforce of circa 75,000 people worldwide. We strive to be a great place to work for our employees where everything we do is shaped by our core values.
The Post (full description)
- Complete electrical maintenance work, from responding to breakdowns to completing planned maintenance work
- Play an active part in our planned preventative maintenance schedule
- Assist the technical craft persons in various multi skilled maintenance activities
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Able to work within a structured team environment but with ability to identify, support and implement improvements.
- Has an attention to detail; ability to work to defined procedures and accurately record results.
- Understands and can maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- A need to be flexible, willing and able to perform all other duties deemed necessary by the business.
- Personality is important – working within a small engineering team, knowing how to connect with others and pride themselves on bringing positive ideas to the team is essential.
Essential qualifications & knowledge.
- GCSE’S grade C or above in Maths, English, Science, IT and an Engineering based subject.
- A keen interest in practical engineering aligned to a problem-solving attitude.
- Previous engineering maintenance experience is desirable.
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance and taken through an initial screening process.
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer.
- From 1st April 2017 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training or on off the job training activity. For more information visit: gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Person Specification attachement can be viewed in more detail once you hit the apply now button