Canal Engineering training academy in Nottingham, specialises in welding, fabrication and mechanical engineering programmes.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
• Complete portfolio of work leading to NVQ 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations
• Practical workshops – Welding and Fabrication
• Competition for best finished project
• Certificates from EAL – available 2 -3 weeks after completion
• Portfolios available after EQA
• Complete a new C.V for Engineering and learn Interview skills, including Weld tests
• Attend Interviews with employers (Canal & others)
• Selection days for a visit to CEATA a week before the start of each course
• PPE ordered at selection day by Canal Engineering
o Over 19
o Resident in the U.K for at least 3 years
o Provide proof of unemployment status
o Provide I.D to include proof of address
o Previous qualifications must be declared– not eligible if they have PMO already
o Criminal convictions must be declared
o Must supply National Insurance Number
o All evidence needed on first day
o Must be able to demonstrate – Reliability (attendance), good work ethic, H & S compliance, good behaviour, aptitude for engineering
Course duration is 6 weeks, Tuesday - Friday 8.45am - 4pm and will start on the 25th February.
Meet Canal Engineering at Jobcentre Plus at Nottingham Parliament Street on Tuesday 14th, 21st or 28th of January to book on the course. ask your work coach to book you in.
If you cannot attend one of these dates ask your DWP work coach to book you on the course or ring the CEATA team on 0115 986 6321 to discuss details about the course and book with hem directly.