The Royal Navy represents the United Kingdom worldwide, forging new alliances and maintaining old ones. Being a Caterer in the Royal Navy is a career that is literally miles from anything you could do at home. Travelling around the world, your job will range from cooking for the ship’s company on board warships or Royal Marines on land operations, to serving a fine dining experience to politically influential VIPs and royalty.
Wherever you may be in the world, you’ll perform a pivotal role: making sure our most important asset – our people – have the fuel they need to get the job done.
- Our world-class training means you’ll learn all the ins and outs of running a highly efficient commercial kitchen, including responsibility for ordering, receiving, and accounting for provisions to sustain the menus you’ll write, as well as learning how to offer the highest level of premium front of house experience and the behind the scenes organisation that enables it.
- Be part of the team whose role is a lot more than just food. Your crewmates, at all levels, look forward to mealtimes, so keeping high morale and optimised health are an essential part of the job.
- Learn additional, crucial skills as an integral part of the ship’s advanced medical, fire fighting and damage control teams.
- Travel the world, learning all about new ingredients and cuisines to incorporate into your culinary repertoire.
What you'll get:
- NO QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Study for GCSEs, A-Levels, NVQs or a degree
- Gain specialist vocational qualifications as your career progresses including an apprenticeship 12 months after completion of training
- 6 weeks of paid holiday every year
- Free medical and dental care
- You’ll learn every aspect of cooking, running a commercial kitchen and how to deliver a hospitality event of the highest standard, regardless of the operational pressures of what is going on around you
- A pin-sharp eye for detail, collaborative teamwork, leadership and management skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels
- There are no minimum qualification requirements
- You’ll need to be aged between 16-39
- You need to be a minimum height of 151.5cm and within the healthy range for Body Mass Index (BMI)
- A National of the United Kingdom, a Commonwealth citizen or Dual National.
- Commonwealth applicants applying from inside their country of origin must be aged minimum 18. If a resident in the UK Commonwealth applicants are eligible to apply at 16. Current valid passports and visas (where applicable) are a mandatory requirement to be eligible to apply, it is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that they have permission to be in the UK and this permission is valid for the entirety of the recruitment process up to the point entry.
Skills and interests:
- A keen interest in high standards of food and hospitality
- A cool head for the pressures of a busy kitchen.
- A problem-solver, with a common sense approach, who can work well as part of a team
- A real sense of adventure, with a high level of physical and mental fitness
If you are interested in this vacancy click Apply now.