As a Civil Enforcement Officer you will perform a unique and innovative role within Parking Enforcement.
Each day is different to the one before. This isn’t a desk job; you will spend 85% of your time out on the streets, maintaining the flow of traffic and reducing incidents of inconsiderate or dangerous parking, by enforcing the parking regulations set out in the Traffic Management Act 2004. You will assist customers and members of the public, acting as a capable guardian of the City.
So, do you have the qualities we need?
• A professional, calm and positive manner
• An ability to be sensitive but remain objective
• Effective communication and listening skills
• Ability to work shifts and be flexible
• The confidence to tackle inappropriate behaviours
• The ability to work in a team, but equally under your own initiative
• The skills to deal with people from different religious, social backgrounds, ages and levels of education
• Good written skills and attention to detail
• An understanding of the confidential nature of your work
• Ability to work out of doors in varying weather conditions on solo patrol as directed.
• Appreciation of the legislation and skills necessary in using enforcement powers (issuing penalty notices).
• Ability to keep manual and computerised records that may be produced in TPT or court proceedings
• Ability to deal with contentious enforcement situations tactfully and diplomatically.