There has never been a better time to join Nottingham City Council. Known for inclusivity and innovation, we have also won a host of Employee Benefits Awards, are a leading employer of Apprentices and we are continually working around the clock to deliver high quality services for Nottingham’s citizens, visitors and investors.
Our aspiration is to make Nottingham a Great City, but to do this we need to be a Great Council, provide Great Services and recruit and develop a Great Workforce.
Join an organisation that gives you extra – we will value your contributions, promote flexible and modern ways of working, will double your monthly pension contributions, offer a very generous 25-32 days holiday package each year (exclusive of public bank holidays and dependent on length of service) and give you the option to purchase up to 28 days additional holiday tax-free!
Duties and responsibilities will include operating operational equipment, including Access Control system and CCTV, and taking necessary action as necessary.
To work in line with all Security Industry Authority (SIA) Health and Safety Regulations and as a minimum hold a current SIA CCTV license.
You will be prepared to provide support to the wider Control Room team, able to operate all equipment relating to the provision of the various services operated from the Councils 24 hour Surveillance and Monitoring service, receiving information from various partners and passing on such information to the appropriate person to take action. Such services include:
• Operating and monitoring the CCTV cameras and recording equipment,
• Operating PA systems
• Responding, recording and passing information to the relevant partners
• Liaising with the Nottingham On Call service and other services from time to time being operated or provided from the Control Room
• Ensure that housing sites/estates are safeguarded against acts of crime and anti-social behaviour
• Operating door entry systems, endeavour to ensure that no unauthorised access to sites is allowed
• To liaise with and alert emergency services, service engineers and standby services as necessary
• Record any crime reports accurately and complies to government legislation standards.
You will also be required to support the delivery of a demand responsive front-line deployment, surveillance and monitoring service.
• Must have knowledge of the security arena and ability to apply best practice
• Ability to use CCTV systems to provide data, analyse spreadsheets and generate performance reporting
• Hold a valid CCTV SIA Licence
• Ability to work unsociable hours
• Successful applicants will be required to pass NPPV vetting
For more information, please view the Job Description and Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
Useful information for Applicants
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions information, which includes advice on pay, annual leave and hours of working, and our Total Rewards Package, which includes information on some of the great benefits when working for Nottingham City Council.
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) (English Language Requirement for public sector workers) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English, as detailed in the job description and person specification, is an essential requirement for the role. (only applicable for roles that are considered to be working in a customer-facing role when post holders are required to speak to citizens in English either face to face or by telephone – remove if not applicable)
Nottingham City Council are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we are striving to have a reflective workforce of the citizens we serve. We particularly welcome applicants from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities and applicants that consider themselves disabled as these groups are currently under represented within our workforce.
Nottingham City Council is open to conversations regarding flexible working options at the point of interview.
Further information for this job