What is the Skills Access Hub?
The D2N2 Skills Access Hub (SAH) is a three-year programme which launched on the 1st October 2020, and will run until 30th September 2023. It was designed with the aim of unlocking potential for sustainable growth and economic prosperity in the D2N2 Region, by supporting local businesses in identifying and addressing the skills gaps in their workforce - specifically, by providing access to tailored skills support through one of the six local delivery partner organisations.
Who Are Our Partners?
- The Futures Group
- Nottingham City Council
- Vision West Nottinghamshire College
- Direct Help & Advice
- Nottingham College
- University of Nottingham
Who Is The Project For?
Any small-to-medium-sized enterprise* (also known as "SMEs") located within the D2N2 Region (Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire) who is looking to:
- Increase the skills of existing employees
- Explore apprenticeships, graduate placements and/or internships
- Find out more about what funding options are available for training
- Develop connections with training and/or education providers
- Influence local training opportunities so they meet the existing and future needs of local businesses
- Become more productive and able to compete within the local market
- Give employees the skills needed to develop themselves within the business
*SMEs: have fewer than 250 employees, no more than 25% of the enterprise is owned by an organisation (that in itself is not an SME), an annual turnover that does not exceed €50 million and an annual balance sheet that does not exceed €43 million. Sole traders and micro-businesses are classed as SMEs.
How Does It Work?
An extension of the D2N2 Growth Hub, the D2N2 Skills Access Hub will operate as the first point-of-call for SMEs with skills provision and training needs; and will be delivered in collaboration with our six local delivery partners.
SMEs can get in touch using the email address below, and book to speak with one of our experienced Skills Access Hub Advisers. During the meeting (currently talking place virtually in response to Covid-19), our Advisers will undertake a skills assessment to identify any skills gaps and training needs. The Advisers will then work with you to develop a bespoke Skills Action Plan and connect you to the chosen training or education provider, so you can agree a training and development project tailored to your needs. Our Advisers will be on-hand for the duration of the agreed project, to ensure support is available throughout.
If at any stage our Advisers identify futher business support needs, they will refer you to one of the other business support projects, depending on what those needs are - such as Nottingham Jobs or the D2N2 Growth Hub.
What Support Is On Offer?
Our six delivery partners offer a wide range of training opportunities, covering sectors such as - Construction, Health & Social Care, Beauty & Hairdressing, Engineering, Management & Administration and Creative & Digital.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Accredited training courses
- Apprenticeships ranging from Intermediate, through to Degree Level
- Basic skills qualifications in Maths and English
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Work experience, work placements, traineeships and graduate placements
How to Access Support - Get in Touch
If you want to know more about the D2N2 Skills Access Hub, please email us at: SkillsAccessHub.Admin@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
The D2N2 Skills Access Hub is part-funded by the European Union through the European Social Fund (ESF). For more information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding