Direct Help & Advice (DHA) offer an accessible, accredited and non-accredited training and skills development to a wide range of people, in order to help reduce unemployment and promote both social and financial inclusion.
In addition, Direct Help & Advice also provides direct help through specialist housing advice, advocacy and representation; and is the lead organisation of 10 Community Managed Libraries (CML’s) across Derby City.
Direct Help & Advice - Training & Communities, provides a range of services across Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire.
What Can We Help With?
Direct Help & Advice prides itself in offering our customers a "wrap-around" service. What does this mean? It means we will take the time to find out what sort of things you may need support with - such as housing, debt and other topics! If we cannot help you directly, we will make sure you are signposted to the correct service, which can.
Our customers are important to us and we want you to have a good journey into your chosen path. What support can you expect to receive?
- An experienced, skilled Advisor who will provide initial career advice and guidance.
- Support with creating an Action Plan which is relevant to you.
- A personal development course in Employability Skills, to give you the knowledge to succeed.
- Access to other training provided by DHA ,or support to access other training provision elsewhere.
- Help with your CV, job searches, applications, letters and interview skills.
- Help with finding and researching work placements, trials, traineeships & apprenticeships and local market information.
- A budgeting session for those who need help managing their finances.
- Support with finding sustained employment, and provide in-work support where required.
We are currently offering support face to face, over the phone or digitally!
- Call: 0115 930 0199 or 07458 092671
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.dhadvice.org (to find out more about us and the services we offer)
- Social Media: Facebook
We are a delivery partner for Nottingham Works 4 You which is part of the city-wide Nottingham Jobs service. Nottingham Works 4 You supports unemployed young people aged 16 to 24 who are ready to start employment. Nottingham Works 4 You is part-funded by the European Union through the European Social Fund (ESF).