Nottingham College are hosting employment skills courses. Please read on to find out how to book.
Courses take place on most days and are ongoing with immediate start.
No formal qualifications.
All learners should attend regularly and be punctual and have a good standard of written and spoken English.
All students are required to complete a mandatory course workbook (Unique Learning Programme) each week, with the support of their course tutor.
On this course, students will learn:
· CV writing – create a CV using a Word Processor, update CV
· Cover letters – create a cover letter using a word processor
· Universal Credit website – update journal, send and receive messages to/from advisor
· Using vacancy websites – register on Indeed, Reed, Nottingham Jobs and Find a Job and other vacancy websites
· Interview skills - the keys to effectively interviewing including preparation, energy, enthusiasm, and strategy. Taking the time to do company research, understanding where you fit within the organization, and having a clear idea of what you can contribute is time well-spent.
· File management – create folders to store files
· Internet and email – use the student portal and student email
· Microsoft Teams - locate assignments, download files and use chat
· Basic maths and English including grammar and punctuation
· Basic maths and English – grammar, punctuation, PC calculator, PC calendar, page numbering etc
· Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion – learn and understand college and other company policies and procedures
Learners will be taught as a whole class, in small groups and one to one. Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. Learners will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set their own personal targets as part of this course.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities for learners wishing to further their learning in this subject area.
Information will be made available to student about other course opportunities at Nottingham College
Students will have the opportunity to access external Careers Guidance to aid their next steps
This course is pre-entry to level 1 and learners will progress across the levels. Aimed at those with no IT experience, to those who know a little, but want to learn more. This course satisfies the requirements of JSA.
Students will need to bring their own pen and a notebook, their Universal Credit log in details, CV, email address/password (if they have these already). Will also require a USB stick to store personal data, CV etc.
Mon 1.00 - 3.00pm
Weds 9.30 - 11.30am & 1.00-3.00pm
Fri 1.00 - 3.00pm
FREE for claimants of means tested benefits, please enquire for further details.
How to apply/enrol:
Places are limited.
Contact Nottingham College on 01159 100 100 or 01158 761 890.