Improve your employability skills for the New Year! Attend this Information Session to find out if this course will benefit you!
Futures are offering local job-seekers a chance to gain the self-confidence, skills and competencies needed to take the next step towards gaining employment or progressing in their chosen field.
Through this short course, learners will gain an understanding of key topics including:
• Goal setting and planning for career progression
• Searching and Applying for jobs
• CV best practice
• Interview techniques
• Team work including working with others and communication
Upon completion, learners will not only have developed their skillset in these areas, but will gain a formally recognised qualification in Employability from City and Guilds.
Futures will then work with the candidates to ensure they receive ongoing support for their next steps, whether this be into further training and development or into sustainable employment.
All learners who successfully complete the qualification will be provided with £30.00 “love2shop” vouchers which can be used to support the learner in gaining suitable interview attire or other work related items.
The course will be run from our Futures Nottingham centre and will be delivered for 6 days based over a two week period in December in preparation for applying for jobs in the New Year, dates as below.
06th December 2019 (Induction)
09th to 13th December 2019
Who Can Attend?
You can attend this course if you:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
* Please contact us for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
To book your place at the Information session, please call the Futures team on 0115 941 2027 or 0345 850 8899
Or Email email@example.com
You can also book by speaking to your DWP Job Centre Plus Work Coach.