If you’re an employer looking to take on new staff or create an apprenticeship you could be eligible for funding. Nottingham Jobs can provide direct financial support for local employers looking to employer city residents.
We have over £1m that your business could access via the grant schemes below:
Nottingham Jobs Fund
Nottingham Jobs Fund (NJF) supports employers to create jobs and apprenticeships for unemployed City residents who are 18+ and meet certain criteria.
We contribute a grant of £5,000 towards salary costs.
To be eligible for funding, employers must:
- create a new role
- guarantee 12 months’ work
- offer at least 30 hours per week
- pay the National Minimum Wage
Nottingham Jobs and partners across the region have recently been awarded funding from the European Social Fund to help more local people stay in work and support employers like you to up-skill current employees.
This extra funding has helped Nottingham Jobs to set up StayAhead which will help people in employment across the D2N2 area (Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire) increase their skills levels and overcome barriers which prevent them from undertaking in-work training.
To be eligible for StayAhead your business must be located in the D2N2 area and be an SME (sole traders and micro businesses are classed as SMEs). You must also operating in one of the five priority key sectors:
- Creative & Digital Industries
- Health & Social Care
- Low Carbon
- Transport Equipment Manufacturing
If your business is eligible, StayAhead can make a financial contribution to your training costs by paying up to 40% of any eligible training up to a maximum of £2,500 per employer.
StayAhead will support you to access high quality innovative in-work training solutions for your existing workforce and will enable you to:
- Undertake skills-based needs assessments
- Identify current skills gaps and opportunities for skills growth within the workforce
- Identify a suitable training provider that will deliver level 2 and level 3 training for employees (including basic skills where needed)
- Access training incentives to offset training costs
To find out more about StayAhead and who delivers training in your area, contact us today.