The European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) establishes a standard for everyone who uses a computer, in either a professional or a personal capacity. Being one of the most widely recognised qualifications by employers learners will gain a chance to upskill themselves in:
- IT Fundamentals
- Word Processing using Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
This is an ideal opportunity for any person wishes to upskill themselves through a flexible approach to learning which blends both classroom and home based activities.
You will be expected to complete a pre-employment training which will lead to the following qualification:
- BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Extra)
The course will be run from our Futures Nottingham Centre and will be delivered typically 2 days a week over a 6-9 week period between 10am & 3pm, the schedule will be discussed at the Information Session.
Please note that to attend the course you must have a basic working knowledge of computers and IT. All potential learners will be asked to complete an IT assessment before coming onto the course and WILL ONLY be offered a place on the course, subject to sufficient levels on their assessments.
In order to gain access to the following training opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for three years or more or be a British / EU Citizen, or Individuals or Asylum Seekers with certain types of immigration status*
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) or Income Support**
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course
*Please contact us for further information regarding residency status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
If you are interested in attending this Information Session, please call John in the Nottingham Jobs team on 0115 876 4508.