We deliver a range of mentoring support, qualification-based training programmes and outreach services in Nottinghamshire - so we can offer you support, whatever stage you are at on your journey.
70% of the young people we work with progress into education, employment and training. We want to help you find and make the most of your talents, so that you can lead a happy and fulfilled life.
What Can We Help With?
Our team of friendly mentors can support you along your journey - from talking through which jobs or training might work for you, through to assisting with job and college applications. We can even help with personal development! If you are struggling with your confidence, have things in your personal life that are holding you back, if you feel like your life is chaotic and un-settled or if you’ve lost hope and don’t know what to do - contact us!
We have lots of experience in supporting young people who have learning difficulties, criminal records, housing issues, addictions, mental health issues, who may be leaving care or have general struggles. If any of those apply to you, then please don’t let that stop you from contacting us. We can help you!
We also deliver The Princes' Trust TEAM Programme across Nottinghamshire, so we can support anyone through that programme if it’s something they want to do. We can also easily link you up with all of the other Princes' Trust provision across the county.
Our mentoring is one-to-one, and you are in control. It is designed around your specific needs, goes at a pace that you are comfortable with, and focuses on the areas where you feel you need the most help. Typically, young people want:
- Help with finding & understanding their strengths, weaknesses, and career options
- Career action-planning, & support with the steps
- Support with enrolling on training or education needed
- Confidence-building & improving mental health
- Making new friends & building healthy relationships
- Following a healthier lifestyle (including support with addictions, fitness, etc.)
- Signposting & help with accessing professional support for personal issues
- Help with housing & benefits
- Help writing a CV
- Help with searching for jobs & completing job applications
- Help to prepare for attending an interview (including guidance on what to wear, travel planning, question preparation, etc.)
- Gaining work experience or volunteering
All provision is Covid-secure, and we hold the MATRIX quality mark for Careers Information, Advice and Guidance, so you know our support is professional and comes highly recommended.
In addition to all of this, we can also loan a laptop to you if you need one, so you can search for jobs or do online training at home. Plus, if you are feeling a bit low, and would like someone to talk to, we can offer friendly chats with someone you can trust.
Contact us on:
You can also fill out our referral form, here.
We are a delivery partner for Nottingham Works 4 You which is part of the city-wide Nottingham Jobs service. Nottingham Works 4 You supports unemployed young people aged 16 to 24 who are ready to start employment. Nottingham Works 4 You is part funded by the European Union through the European Social Fund.