Attend this Information Session to find out how Futures can help you progress a career in the Health & Social Care sector.
Within the UK, Adult Social Care has become one of the largest and fastest growing sectors. In 2016, it was estimated that there were nearly 1.58 million jobs, which in turn contributed around £41.8 billion to the UK Economy. With people now identifying their difficulties (both through physical and mental health) at an early stage and asking for support as well as people having longer life expectancies, there is a growing need for people to work within this sector in order to support those that most need it.
Working in the Health and Social Care sector can be one of the most rewarding jobs for the right person, it is about providing physical, emotional and social support to help people live their lives. For various reasons and at different stages in their lives, some people need support to develop and maintain their independence, dignity and control.
Through Futures for Business, our training in Health and Social Care will help not only give you the basic understanding of what is required within the sector, but also develop the personal skills and attributes that ensure you are able to deliver a high level of service at all times. With a supportive tutor on hand to guide you through the process, you will learn key topics required from the sector including (amongst others):
- Dementia Awareness
- Communication in a care setting
- Principles and Values in care
The course itself will last for 15 days based over a 3 week period with training each day taking place between the hours of 09:30 and 15:00.
The course schedule is:
06th September 2019
09th to 13th Sept 2019
17th, Sept 2019
19th, to 20th Sept 2019
23rd to 27th Sept 2019
Please note, childcare is fully available for ALL learners on the programme where needed, but MUST be an OFSTED registered provider. The responsibility of sourcing suitable childcare lies with the individual learner, but Futures for Business will arrange all payment through way of invoice.
At the end of the course, all learners will gain a fully accredited qualification through City and Guilds:
- Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings
- Level 1 Certificate in EmployabilityThis certificate can then be added to your CV and used to apply for further training and development employment opportunities. Upon successful completion of the training course all candidates will be offered a guaranteed interview with one of the following companies:
- Nationwide Care Services
- Church Farm Care
It is important to note that all of these companies are currently looking to recruit for both domiciliary and residential care roles respectively. If this is not of an interest to the candidate, then they will be asked to register with Nottingham Jobs where further support will be available to find them suitable employment.
All candidates will be invited to complete a covering statement as part of the course to show why they would like to work in the sector and what particular divisions of care they would like to work in. This information will be used by Nottingham Jobs to help identify the best opportunities possible.
In order to gain access to the following pre-employment training opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
• Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
• Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
• Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
• OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please contact us for further details for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
If you are interested in attending the Information Session or want to discuss opportunities within the Health & Social Care sector, please call Maria in the Nottingham Jobs team on T: 0115 876 1958 or M: 0748 3391657 or e-mail - Maria.Albarran@nottinghamcity.gov.uk