Family Intervention Project (FIP) Accredited Practitioner (Nottingham Works4You Team) Fixed term until 30/11/23 (8 months)
The starting salary is £36,298 (Level One).
Are you an experienced family support and/or youth workerwho thrives on using their initiative and has a passion for helping to transform the lives of vulnerable children and families living in our city.
The Nottingham Works4You (FIP) team is a small-dedicated team, that provide young people aged 16 – 29 years with life enhancing opportunities, to get into education, employment and training using ‘whole family’ engagement approaches.
The team works with young people who are living with a family. They use a ‘whole family approach’ if required, to identify and breakdown family barriers that may be present in households and support the young people to develop their skills, get into work and fulfil their potential.
The Accredited Practitioners are based within Children’s Integrated Services (Early Help) to help deliver the employability goals of the young people who live in Nottingham City.
The role involves ‘hybrid working’ which means some remote working from home but also working across various locations in the city.
- Experience of working with vulnerable children, young people and adults, from a variety of backgrounds, in an outcome focused way.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with children and adults, and build good working relationships with families in order to over-come barriers to them engaging.
- Experience of supporting children, young people and families to set achievable targets for change, within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Sound knowledge of safeguarding issues and experience of applying legislation and policy and procedure to practice, including the relevant assessment framework and integrated working.
- Ability to analyse performance and outcome data and prepare reports and proposals for practice and service development.
- Experience of case management, ideally in an intensive support model of service delivery with experience acting in a Lead Professional role.
- Ability to represent the Nottingham Works4You team across the partnership in a variety of forums and act as a ‘whole family working Champion’.
This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced check with a barred list check
References may be sought prior to interview for safeguarding purposes. You will be advised once the application closing date has passed if this is required.