Please note – This is not a role which provides hands on personal/practical care to individuals
Full time 37 hours per week, however job sharing will be taken into consideration.
Carers Federation Ltd is a national charity and Company Limited by Guarantee established in 1992 to empower Carers, the people for whom they care and the wider community. The charity is managed by a Board of Trustees elected by our membership.
Our Action for Young Carers service provides support to young Carers aged 5-18yrs who are identified as having caring responsibilities for a family member or friend who has an illness or long-term condition I.E Mental health, Physical condition, Learning disability and or terminal ill health.
You will be office-based working as part of a small team of Support Workers and will work closely with Young Carers and their families in Nottingham City.
The attributes of the AYC Support Worker would be:-
• Completing full family assessments & Young Carers assessments
• Offering one to one support to Young Carers
• Offer appropriate interventions and identify needs of an individual and or family with internal and external support organisation statutory.
• Use own initiative when managing appointments, meetings etc.
• Understanding of safeguarding children & Adults
• Work within a multi-agency approach as and when required.
• Confident, conscientious, enthusiastic
• Have a level of resilience when dealing with emotional and practical pressures of the Young Carer support worker role.
• Previous experience in working with children.
• Willingness to access relevant training as part of personal development.
• You will be expected to deliver group activities during school holidays and at least one evening a week during term time.
• You will have the opportunity to support Young Adult Carers aged 16-24yrs through our NW4Y project who are not in Education, Employment, Training (NEET) back into either or Education, Employment or Training.
You will work within Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Board policies and procedures alongside those of Carers Federation.
It is essential that you are a driver and car user as the role entails travel throughout Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire you will need to transport Young Carers to and from various activities.
Closing Date for Applications 6th April 2023
This is not a role which provides hands on personal/practical care.
This post is subject to medical, reference and enhanced DBS checks.
“Striving to promote equality and diversity throughout our service”
Please apply online at www.carersfederation.co.uk. If you require any assistance, please email email@example.com. Or call Rosaleen Lynch on 07739 237 147.Please quote the job reference.
Carers Federation operates a smoke free site policy. Smoking is not permitted on any of our premises.