About the employer:
Footsteps to Futures Ltd have an exciting opportunity for Senior Residential Care Workers to join the team in our group of children’s homes across the Nottinghamshire Area.
Footsteps to Futures Ltd are a small organisation that have been delivering a high standard of residential care for six years and currently operates three children’s homes in the Nottinghamshire area which accommodate young people aged 7 – 18 years old with emotional and behavioural difficulties. All of our homes are rated as “Good” or “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
The company is aiming to grow further and build a team of passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join us in our expansion. The aim of our service is to provide a safe and empowering place for all young people to live in. The team’s role is to improve the quality of life of children and help them come to terms with previous life experiences.
Our homes specialise in working with young people who display Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
For more information on our organisation please visit www.footstepstofutures.co.uk
About the role:
There is an expectation that successful candidates will assist the manager with the day to day running of the home including on-call duties, planning shifts, supervising staff and ensuring that all young people are appropriately safeguarded at all times.
Successful Senior Residential Childcare Worker candidates will have:
* Previous experience of working in a children’s residential home.
* Experience of working with children and young people with challenging behaviour.
* Knowledge on how to support children and young people who experience EBD.
* A compassionate understanding of the complex needs of young people.
* Knowledge of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable young people.
* Effective communication skills
* Strong reporting and recording skills.
* The ability to lead and organise a shift.
* An ability to work within a team to help support and motivate each other to provide outstanding care.
* The passion and dedication needed to positively impact the lives of young people.
Applicants should be aware that the role requires long shifts and overnight sleeps in the home and therefore should carefully consider the suitability of the role. Successful applicants will be offered the role subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS check which is paid for by the company. A full UK driving license will be essential for this role due to the location of the homes.
We invest in all of our employees by providing a full programme of mandatory and specialist training for the role which starts with a full Induction and includes an introduction to the company’s ethos and values, outlines individual roles and responsibilities and Proactive Approaches training. We provide opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression.
Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Residential Care
* Candidates must be aged 21 or over
* Experience working with children in care is essential.
* A working knowledge of safeguarding children.
Other benefits include:
* Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme
* 224 hours of annual leave
* Regular supervisions, reviews of career and training needs/aspirations
* Refer a friend scheme – recommend a friend to come and work with us and you’ll earn a £400 bonus!
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Blue light card paid for by the company.
* Prospect of a pay rise upon completion of probation
* Access to psychological support and wellbeing programmes