About the employer:
Founded in October 2011, Gemini Exclusive Care is providing high quality homecare, supported living and residential services to vulnerable adults in the Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Hertfordshire areas. Our one-stop solution for a broad range of quality services is one of a kind. We provide experienced and compassionate caregivers to adults and older people in the comfort, familiarity, and security of their own home or in small residential settings.
About the role:
- To support people in their own homes who have disabilities or elderly to the highest standard and in line with their care plan, cultural needs and wishes.
- Caring for people to manage their own lives, including supporting individuals with maintaining good health and well being.
- Support people with personal care, which may include toileting and bathing, in line with their care plan.
- Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act requirements.
- Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individuals choice.
- Support people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor’s appointments.
- Keep accurate and up to date records.
- Support people with their finances, where necessary, and in line with Gemini Exclusive Care guidelines.
- Promote health, safety and well-being of the people we care for.
- Work positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
- Look for opportunities to use Personalised Technology to increase independence.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Improve the care provided by discussing any new ideas.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities as required
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate.