To provide effective and efficient administrative support to the project teams and managers in the daily delivery of NEP’s projects. The role will require working with project managers to help shape and improve internal systems and processes.
General Expectations of the Role
• To take personal responsibility for decisions on your work, seeking assistance and input from others as appropriate.
• To plan and prioritise your workload to achieve high standards and meet agreed deadlines, adjusting readily to suit changing circumstances.
• To communicate clearly, confidently, and persuasively using appropriate language.
• To represent self and NEP positively within and outside of the Charity,
• To keep up to date with information required for role, seek opportunities to develop relevant skills and capabilities.
• Any other duties as required by the Line Manager, Head of Team or the Chief Executive
• The responsibilities of this post and reporting structure will be periodically reviewed
Working relationships and contacts
• The post-holder will be managed by the Business Development Manager.
• The post-holder will work closely with all colleagues in the organisation and will develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with colleagues and volunteers across NEP.
• The post-holder will have personal contact with particular service providers relevant to the role’s responsibilities (including IT support, stationery and office equipment suppliers).
Principle duties and responsibilities:
1. To administer petty cash, invoices, and banking as required.
2. To support with the recruitment process from arranging interview schedules to requesting references and handling basic staff induction procedures.
3. To oversee the IT and telecoms workstation set up for staff, ensuring a full working set-up is available to suit their needs, liaising with our IT support team to secure prompt attention to any issues arising.
4. To maintain adequate stock levels of stationery, office equipment and refreshments – ordering or buying when necessary, keeping stores tidy and readily accessible, and liaising with equipment providers (e.g. photocopiers, franking machine etc.) to achieve the required performance and fix problems promptly.
5. To answer the phone, take accurate messages and pass on to relevant member of staff or team.
6. To sort out incoming post every day.
7. To maintain first aid and health and safety records, regularly checking first aid boxes (restocking when needed).
8. To support with recording client data, updating databases, speaking with householders and managing bookings for retrofit projects.
9. To book staff training, travel etc.