The starting salary is £32,020 (Level One) rising to £33,820 (Level Two) on the first year anniversary, subject to satisfactory completion of a probation period. Additionally, the post is currently subject to a market supplement which increases the salary to £35,862 (Level One) and £37,878 (Level Two).
Nottingham is an exciting and vibrant place to live and work that attracts a wide variety of both large and small scale developments. We are looking for two Planning Officers, each to work in one our two Development Management teams. You will handle a varied caseload of planning applications, appeals and pre-application enquiries appropriate to the level of the post. You will play an integral role in delivering a high quality development management service with the associated level of customer care. You will be familiar with current development management legislation, practice and procedures.
You will be based at Loxley House although with the opportunity for some home working. You will be able to undertake site visits.
- Knowledge of current development management practice, including its legislative background, policy and procedural context
- Ability to effectively anlayse planning proposals both from documents and on site, exercising judgement, problem solving skills, initiative and responsibility
- Ability to achieve performance targets whilst managing a substantial and varied caseload, and maintaining high quality outputs
- Ability to communicate effectively in plain English, both orally and in writing, avoiding jargon
- Ability to produce concise and accurate letters and reports
We will value your contributions, promote flexible and modern ways of working, will double your monthly pension contributions, offer a very generous 25-32 days holiday package each year (exclusive of public bank holidays and dependent on length of service) and give you the option to purchase up to 28 days additional holiday tax-free!
For informal enquiries please contact: Rob Percival, Tel: 0115 8764065 Email: email@example.com