Contract: Fixed term, Maternity cover until 31st May 2024
Nottingham University Samworth Academy has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Teacher of the Deaf.
As a Teacher of the Deaf, you will join a warm and compassionate environment where every staff member makes a significant contribution to the experience of our students
Your main responsibilities within this role will be to:
- Ensure that our deaf children develop effective communication skills, achieve good academic outcomes and leave our provision as resilient and independent individuals.
- Teach students within allocated classes, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all students
- Planning and preparing tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest during lessons.
- Monitor the academic progress of students within allocated classes and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement.
- Assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of all students within allocated classes.
The Nova Education Trust is a cross-phase Multi-Academy Trust based in Nottinghamshire. The schools in our portfolio includes both secondary and primaries, working in a range of contexts. Our track record demonstrates our ability to deliver our core goal, achievement for every child.
For more information about the school including a full list of vacancies, please click here.
The Trust and school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with DfE requirements.