Employer: Improving Lives Notts
Base: ICC, 61b Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1
Hours of work: 37.5 hours to be worked Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Fixed Term – February 2024
About the employer:
Improving Lives is a registered charity (No: 1146094) and our mission is to support adults with complex health and social needs to manage the challenges they face more effectively. We offer an individualised service to enable people to manage the challenges they face more effectively.
About the role:
To provide an independent support service for service users/beneficiaries in Nottingham, in particular for people with mental health issues.
Main Purposes of the Job
- To assess people’s needs and risks and ensure an appropriate and timely response from referral onwards
- Provide a bespoke support service to beneficiaries to meet their identified needs or enable them to access other appropriate services that will meet those needs
- Work in partnership with other agencies to ensure beneficiaries’ needs are met
- Enable people to become more confident in expressing their views, improve their living skills, decrease their social isolation and increase their sense of being part of the community
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in literacy and numeracy (English GCSE level A-C or equivalent)
- Direct experience of offering support to people affected by mental health issues
- Knowledge of the possible impact on people of facing issues including homelessness, housing, substance misuse, domestic violence, unemployment, social exclusion, poverty
- Experience of running groups
- Must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
How to apply:
To apply, please download the recruitment pack including Job Description and Person Specification below from www.improvinglivesnotts.org.uk/jobs and return a Covering Letter, CV and Equal Opportunities Form to email@example.com
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy, Recruitment Policy, Recruitment of Ex-offenders are available to view on our Jobs page.
Closing Date: Monday 13th February at 23:59.
Interview Date: Interviews will take place, in person, on Friday 24th February.