About the employer:
East Midlands Airport (EMA) is two businesses in one: a modest low-cost passenger airport by day, but home to the UK’s largest dedicated air cargo operation at night.
Served by airlines Ryanair, Jet2, TUI, Aurigny and EasyJet, its passenger operation caters well for travellers who want a quick and easy escape to popular domestic and overseas leisure destinations in mainland Europe, Eastern Europe, and Northeast Africa.
In the last 12 months, the volume of goods handled at EMA has increased by almost 30% compared with the previous year, while December 2020 was the airport’s heaviest ever month on record.
About the role:
- Water Quality Technician
- Based at East Midlands Airport
- £26,750 per annum Monday to Friday
This exciting new role within our assets team will be responsible for ensuring the water services area of the operation is maintained to the requirements of MAG policy and relevant legislation. Ensuring that water/drainage assets and monitoring systems, facilities and equipment remain operational within specified safety, legislative and performance standards and targets and provide timely updates to the leadership team. You will drive continuous improvement in all areas of water management and water assets and to aid in the delivery of asset improvement projects.
- Proven ability and demonstrable experience of carrying out first-line maintenance, inspections, and repairs to a high standard.
- Experience of carrying out a similar role on a large commercial / industrial site
- Experience of working on water pumping station operations including submersible pumps, valve sets, control and monitoring systems, penstocks and containment lagoons.
- Ability to conduct sampling and surveys of water distribution and drainage networks.
- A good level of understanding of SCADA control systems
- Excellent communication skills
This role will close once we have received sufficient applications.