Details of the scheme were launched on the 2nd September 2020 on the gov.uk website.
The new Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
How the scheme works:
- 6 month job placements for young people 16-24
- Placement should support the participant develop the skills and experience they need to find work after completing the scheme
DWP Work coaches will:
- Identify suitable candidates for the job placements.
Nottingham Jobs Team will:
- Support the participant to prepare for applying for the job placements (Through W2W & YEI partners).
- Arrange SWAP (Sector-based Work Academy Programmes) preparing candidates for vacancies.
- Act as a point of contact and conduit to DWP for questions and enquiries from employers and candidates.
- Introduce SMEs to further support available through the wider Nottingham Jobs Service, D2N2 Skills Access Hub and D2N2 Growth Hub.