Would you like to join and become part of the Nottingham City markets team, the role is varied and we are looking for people that enjoy cleaning and have a keen eye for detail.
To support the delivery of a high quality markets & fairs service by undertaking operational duties including: Cleaning, the erecting and dismantling of stalls, maintenance and security and communicating effectively with citizens, service users and members of the team.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that all markets are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition. Cleaning all areas of the market including toilets, drains, vacant units, market walkways and stairwells. Being responsible for the collection and disposal of rubbish
- Undertake periodic cleaning duties and health and safety checks as specified in the work schedules/task sheets or as instructed by management.
- Erecting and dismantling stalls on the outdoor markets and at special events in line with set procedures.
- Undertake minor maintenance repairs including basic plastering, plumbing and joinery tasks.
- Take meter readings as directed and complete the appropriate paperwork.
- Dealing with customer enquiries, including giving assistance to customers and contractors, including the taking and receiving of messages and passing messages onto senior officers and managers where necessary.
- Taking delivery, storing and moving all supplies, materials, equipment and furniture as directed.
- Carry out security procedures ensuring that all shoppers and service users have left the market, lights are switched off, windows are closed and secure, the doors are locked and unlocked at the specified time and ensuring the alarm system is activated.
- Adhering to emergency procedures such as fire evacuation. Ensuring the duties allocated to you in an emergency situation are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Cash collection as required such as public entrance fees.
- Ability to travel to various market site.