Futures are proud to be working in conjunction with Nottingham City Council in order to help support their recruitment within their trading operations department for the positions of cleaners across various located within the boundaries of Nottingham City Council. This could be maintaining the image of public buildings, supporting the upkeep of officers or simply helping make Nottingham the cleanest city. If you have a passion working for a well-respected company and being able to support the residents of Nottingham City, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Attend this Information Session where the Futures team will outline details on their two week training course, where clients will gain a good understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service by showing them how to both represent themselves and the council to the residents and visitors of Nottingham City as would be expected by the council.
All candidates who enter onto the programme will be guaranteed an interview upon satisfactory attendance and commitment to the programme which will consist of a number of qualifications (detailed below), including Customer Service, Employability, COSHH and Health and Safety at Level 1.
Please note, that all applicants will be required to complete a short work experience placement to ensure the role is suitable for both the employer and the applicant.
All learners will complete initial assessments in maths and English and will be required to be working at EL3 in both subjects.
All candidates will be required to complete a DBS check and this will form part of the recruitment process.
The council will be offering people 10-15 hour contracts with more hours potentially available, but this is not guaranteed.
Client who complete the course will achieve the following qualification/s:
- City and Guilds Level 1 in Customer Service
- City and Guilds Level 1 in Employability
- An Introduction to Health and Safety at Work
In order to gain access to the following SBWA opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
• Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2018)
• Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
• Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
• OR Must be earning under £15,736.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please contact us for further details for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
If you are interested in attending this Information Session, please call Phill in the Nottingham Jobs team on 0115 876 2557.