Opportunity open to Black African, Caribbean or Mixed/Dual Heritage students and adults.
9th August 2021 - 5th September 2021
- Positive action to improve engagement and recruitment of Black and minority ethnic communities into policing.
- Increase awareness of police careers and the pathways to become an officer. Remove barriers by way of introduction and familiarisation with Nottinghamshire Police.
- Four week course including communication and life skills and preparation for SEARCH national assessment centre required for Police Officer entry routes.
- Facilitating students onto the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship with Derby University.
- Attendance creates access to SEARCH assessment centre and supports training and preparation for the process free of charge.
- Attendance removes the need to undergo additional interview process as per usual recruitment for Police Officers (Process embedded in the course).
- Current access into police officer roles has flexibility - force will seek to accommodate interested parties into the organisation via a number of routes, however the PCDA is the primary route for the course.
- The PCDA scheme will pay for your degree while you earn a full time salary as a police officer.
- Receive a certificate of completion, alongside support, coaching and mentoring to help develop career and personal skills.
- Access to police officers and staff to increase knowledge and de-mystify what it is to be a Police Officer. Hear directly from the experience of student officers on the PCDA course and more experienced officers throughout the force.
What does the course include?
- Familiarisation with Nott’s Police and the careers available to you after you join.
- Access to Officers who have taken the same route into the force and their experiences.
- Take a look at the mentoring and support available to officers as they join and throughout their careers.
- Preparation to sit the SEARCH national assessment to become an officer.
- Practice the fitness test
- Information as to the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship scheme and other access routes to becoming an officer.
- Communication and career skills
- Activity with the Chiefs Constables charity – The John Eastwood Hospice Trust.
- Lunch on us
Course entry requirements
- 2 x A levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications AND GCSE grade ‘C’ or above (or equivalent level) in ENGLISH and MATHS.
- Register interest to ‘widening access’ course by visiting Expression Of Interest (notts.police.uk) or emailing email@example.com
- Vetting to conclude pre-course.
- PCDA course dates March/Oct 2022.
Join the webinar - follow the link Expression Of Interest (notts.police.uk), then please tick the wider access box.