|Employer||Green Academy Trust
2 Queensberry Street, Nottingham, NG6 0DG
|Hours||Monday to Friday 9-5|
The Kickstart Scheme is the creation of new 6-month job placements for young people (aged 16-24-years-old) who are currently on universal credit and at risk of long-term unemployment.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join our Nursery team. As a faith-based Nursery you will need to uphold the Islamic ethos and support the aims and values of Green Academy Trust.
We offer a positive working environment, a friendly team and development opportunities. We are committed to safeguarding so all positions within our company are subject to our safer recruitment policy and will require references, DBS checks and proven, relevant qualifications.
• to assist the Nursery in creating and maintaining a safe, caring and inspiring environment that fosters an excitement for learning
• to work with the team to help plan and deliver exciting and engaging learning activities, taking into account children's interests, language and cultural backgrounds
• to support the Nursery Management with making and recording accurate and informative observations that allow for assessment and tracking, as well as informing future planning.
• to support parents and carers with the development and well-being of their children.
Detailed job description available on request.
Experience and skills (desirable):
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• willing to train and take part in CPD
• good level of numeracy and written English
• familiarity with online recording system and good IT skills
• professionalism and understanding of confidentiality
• previous experience in a similar role
You should have:
• full and relevant Level 2/3 qualification for working in early years (minimum)
• a good understanding of the Characteristics of Effective Learning and the EYFS Framework
• an enthusiasm for outdoor learning
• experience of working with children with a range of needs.