Nottingham City Council are looking to appoint a number of Security Officers to work on casual contracts, at various locations across Nottingham.
Fantastic opportunities are available for customer focused, enthusiastic, resilient and confident SIA Licensed Security Officers to join Nottingham City Councils Security Services team on a casual contract.
You will be responsible for various security requirements of the site, and maintaining a good corporate image and high standards of professionalism.
Duties and responsibilities
Will include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting regular premises patrols across days, evenings, nights and weekends, ensuring the safety of premises and its content
- Greeting, assisting and directing colleagues, customers and contractors visiting the premises and ensuring appropriate valid ID, if required.
- Undertaking necessary paperwork including written handover notes, incident reports and taking appropriate action as required.
- Although working alone and on their own initiative for much of the time, Security Officers must also ensure that they work as part of a team, communicating issues to other colleagues and supervisors, using designated equipment and systems.
- You will also need to know when and how to diffuse potentially difficult situations and be able to react appropriately in an emergency.
Job and Person Requirements
- Knowledge of the security arena and ability to apply best practice.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a polite, professional and courteous manner.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to listen, empathise, negotiate and be assertive.
- Right to work in the UK essential.
- Basic computer skills.
- Hold a valid front line SIA Licence or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training.
- Ability to work unsociable hours and throughout the night if required.
Due to the public facing nature of this role, the following qualities are desirable:
- Customer focused.
- Approachable and fair person, and confident to act in difficult situations.
- Ability to present yourself in a professional manner to maintain a uniform standard.