Nottingham Jobs recognises that many businesses need additional support right now to recover from COVID-19, including grants, business advice and support to increase or retain their vital workforce.
- Payment of £2,000 for each apprentice under the age of 25
- Payment of £1,500 for each apprentice aged 25 and over
This money is in addition to the existing £1,000 payment the Government already provides for new 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Find out more, contact Antony firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer:
Nottingham City Council will pay the training costs for an apprentice as long as the following criteria are met:
- Either the apprentice or the company are based within the Nottingham city boundary
- The employer commits to paying the National Minimum Wage, not the Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
- The apprentice provider is listed on the Directory of Approved Apprenticeship Providers (DAAP)
To access this funding, contact Antony email@example.com
Serco – Skills Support for the Workforce:
Fully funded Level 2 and part-funded Level 3 qualifications across priority sectors including Health and Social Care and Construction. Criteria are:
- Employer must be an SME (under 250 employees)
- Training must be delivered from a specified network of providers
Learn more, contact Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
D2N2 Growth Hub:
The Growth Hub works with SME businesses to provide a simple and easy route to the wealth of information and support available locally including training, business planning, recovery planning and the many local and national grants available including:
- Big House development and start-up grants for digital and creative businesses
- Business Investment Fund for SMEs to improve their productivity, efficiency and/or job creation (grants of between £3,500 and £20,000 are available and will contribute up to a maximum of 35% of project costs)
- Capital Growth Fund grant for SMEs to covers capital costs, for example machinery, equipment, IT hardware (£1,500 and £10,000 available up to a maximum of 30% of eligible project costs)
- Multiple other grants are available, for full details visit d2n2growthhub.co.uk
Contact the D2N2 Growth Hub enquiry hub at https://www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk/contact/ or call 0333 006 9178.
GRADS for D2N2:
Providing SMEs with a complete package of free and subsidised support to help them benefit from graduate talent in the region.
- Free Organisational Needs Analysis (ONA) to boost business productivity
- £1,000 grant to support six-week graduate placements
- Employability advice and workshops
Discover more, contact Jermaine Jermaine.email@example.com
Priority Skills for D2N2 SMEs:
Offering a range of fully funded courses:
- Women in Leadership is a 3-day course which is designed to help women in SMEs to develop their careers and their capability to manage and lead
- Sustainability and Inclusive Leadership is a two-day course focusing on increase climate literacy and sustainability in local small and medium-sized businesses.
Contact Jermaine Jermaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
This fund will subsidise six-month work placements for people on Universal Credit aged between 16 and 24 who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
Applications from employers are due to open from November.
Kickstart is Government funded and will pay workers minimum wage* for 25 hours a week plus overheads:
- Any UK enterprise giving decent jobs may enter the program, provided that the jobs to be assigned are in addition to existing roles within the company
- No cap on the number of Kickstart roles that can be created by employers
- Job applicants must be claiming Universal Credit
Contact: Nottingham Jobs team: email@example.com or call 0115 876 4508
*Current Minimum wages:
- Aged under 18: £4.55/hour
- Aged 18 to 20: £6.45/hour
- Aged 21 to 24: £8.20/hour
The Government has announced that 30,000 new Traineeships are to be created providing classroom-based lessons in maths, English and CV writing, as well as up to 90 hours of unpaid work experience.
- Companies will be given £1,000 for each new work experience place they offer
- Employers are not required to pay trainees for a work placement, unlike apprenticeships
- Traineeships can last for between 6 weeks and 6 months
Contact the Nottingham Jobs team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 876 4508
Returning from Furlough Grant:
A £1,000 Government-funded bonus will be paid to any business whose previously furloughed worker is in the same job past 31 January 2021 and earns at least £520 per month.
Find out more, contact the Nottingham Jobs team email@example.com or call 0115 876 4508.