|Employer||verified_user Vision Express|
|Salary||To be discussed on application|
At Vision Express we’re passionate about what we do and customer satisfaction is at the top of our agenda. From our stores to our support centre....everyone has a key part to play.
Based in Nottingham we're looking for a talented individual to assist and support the process manager in the running of an efficient and productive surfacing laboratory. In the absence of the process manager the surfacing supervisor will assume overall responsibility for production, maintaining the highest standard of manufacturing, productivity and efficiency.
Key responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate and promote adherence to company policy, procedure, professional standards and legal obligations, including Data Protection, Health & Safety and all legislation requirements
• To ensure all laboratory administration is completed accurately and all manual and all other documentation is maintained in accordance with company guidelines and relevant data protection laws
• To ensure that all laboratory equipment is cleaned, maintained and calibrated to reduce production down time and increase productivity ensuring the 5’s schedule and asset care programme is adhered to. Ensure that any problems with laboratory equipment are reported and documented so prompt repairs may be organised and completed
• Ensure that any situation threatening future production or performance is managed effectively in advance
• Communicate any potential threat to production in advance to the process manager. • Manage and prioritise orders to ensure project lead times are achieved
• Maintain Laboratory staffing procedures and create weekly staff rotas. • Ensure the company disciplinary procedure is followed managing up to first line discipline of the laboratory liaising with the process manager and HR Team.
To be successful in this role you’ll need…
• Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
• A collaborative team player
• Good interpersonal skills
• Manual dexterity
• The ability to thrive in a busy environment
• Effective communication – both verbal and written
• Proven track record of self development and development of others
• Ideally proven experience in an optics environment or experience in a similar production/ manufacturing environment
• SMC tech an advantage but not necessary
This role will be working any 5 days from 7 including weekends
So, if you think this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
There's no better place to express your potential.
If you are interested, please click on Apply Now