|Employer||verified_user Bestwood Advice Centre|
|Salary||£8.72 per hour|
|Hours||24 - 30 Hours|
|Role||Generalist Trainee Advisor|
Bestwood Advice Centre is an independent charity based in a busy neighbourhood providing welfare benefits, debt and money-related advice to the local community. The successful candidate will assist the team with the provision of welfare benefits, including Universal Credit, and money matters, including budgeting and debt support and undertake other tasks as required. The successful candidate will be responsible to an Independent Management Committee and work in and from Bestwood Advice Centre. The post holder’s line manager will be the Senior Adviser.
Hours: 24 – 30 Hours per week
Location: Bestwood Advice Centre, 21 Gainsford Crescent, Nottingham, NG5 5FH
• To complete relevant documentations, including welfare benefits applications and financial statements.
• To undertake administrative and reception tasks, including answering phones, ensuring that the reception is tidy and welcoming for anyone visiting it, scanning and photocopying, and creating cases.
• To assist clients in collecting evidence for their case.
• To liaise with organisations, individuals and the local authority to resolve cases.
• Liaise with other members of staff to ensure efficient running of centre.
• To manage cases using the case management system, including writing case notes and inputting documents.
• To undertake outreach tasks as required by the Senior Adviser.
• To undertake research and collect data.
• To produce work to the AQS Quality standard and to ensure compliance with the Quality Standard.
• To maintain high standards of client care.
• To uphold the Advice Centre's core values to the Equal Opportunity, Confidentiality and Health and Safety Policies.
• To ensure safe keeping of documents, ensuring that you comply with data protection and client confidentiality policies.
• To participate in training activities and meetings necessary to the post.
• To assist the Advisers in their role as required.
• GCSE English Language and Mathematics to at least a Grade C or equivalent.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
• Be willing to learn about and use relevant databases.
• Sound time management be able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to solve problems under pressure.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and utilise initiative.
• Ability to work as a team.
• Ability to absorb a wide range of information and handle confidential information.
• Enthusiasm and sense of humour.
• Passion for social justice for tacking inequality and discrimination, particularly around poverty alleviation and welfare rights.
• Previous experience in welfare rights, debt or money matters.
• Previous knowledge of relevant case land legislation in welfare rights, debt or money matters.
• Previous experience of using case management systems.
• Previous administrative experience.
• Previous knowledge of the AQS Quality Standard
Please note: Bestwood Advice Centre feel the ideal candidate, is willing to learn new skills whilst showing great empathy when dealing with the public.
This is a front facing role with various duties to be covered including covering the reception desk as busy times.
If you require any more information or wish to have an informal chat please call: Susan Foster (Manager) at Bestwood Advice Centre on 0115 9626519
How to apply: Please complete the attached application form and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 02 March 2020