Free training to start your childcare or teaching career & Information for trainees.
The course is free to you. All fees are paid by the government. This is a 10 week course.
The first 6 weeks focusses on caring for children, you then chose your preferred career pathway either;
- Working in Early Years (with children under 5) in a nursery
- As a Teaching Assistant in a school
- As an Childminder Educator (Home based childcare and education)
You will receive regular support from your course tutor throughout We will work with your employer to ensure you have all the support you need when you are on placement.
We are looking for committed individuals aged between 16 and 24 years old who are passionate about developing a career working with children of all ages.
Orange Moon Training (OMT) has been established since 2010 and over the years has become the leading workbased training provider delivering specialist training solutions to Schools, Settings, Childcare providers and individuals across our six regions. Our mission is to improve outcomes for children by providing high quality training to childcare and education practitioners.
We are approved to deliver nationally and internationally recognised vocational qualifications from level 1 to level 5 as well as government funded training programmes including apprenticeships, traineeships and other specialist CPD programmes. Our delivery team are sector specialists with many years experience working as head teachers, teachers, teaching assistants, childminder educators, nursery managers and nursery practitioners. We deliver training opportunities across the Midlands, Yorkshire, Manchester, Bristol, Essex and Kent, providing programmes designed to meet the individual needs of our schools and early years settings.
- Working with children course, gives you an introduction to the basic principles of working with children in nurseries, schools and as a childminder educator.
EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
• Safeguarding Children
• Health & Safety
• Child development
• Food Safety qualification
• Understanding your career options
- An exciting and high quality work placement where you get to experience key aspects of working with children. The placement is for a minimum of 70 hours in one of the following settings.
- Maths and English if you have not already achieve GCSE grade 4/5 or equivalent. This is required to help you secure your dream job working with children
Functional skills English level 1 or 2
• Functional skills Maths level 1 or 2
- Preparation for Employment. Designed to hep you find your preferred job, help you to succeed at interview and how to do well in you job.
How to increase your chances of getting work
• Interview skills
• Preparing your CV
• How to conduct yourself in the workplace
• Knowing your apprenticeship rights and responsibilities
Requirements to join the academy
Qualifications Required - Enrol any time!
• Reliable and responsible
• Good communication skills
• Basic Maths, English and IT skills
• Genuinely interested in working with children in the Early Years
• Enjoy being with children
• Willingness to work hard
• Want to progress onto an apprenticeship up to level 3
• Start dates: Courses throughout 2021
• Locations: in Nottingham and Mansfield
• Programme Duration: 8 weeks
• Hours per week: 35
• Bursary / Allowance: Available subject to eligibility
Interview with one of our selected employers
On successful completion of all elements of the traineeship you will be guaranteed an interview with @Home Childcare for an apprenticeship with us or one of our selected employers. After the traineeship we aim to secure an apprenticeship for you. Your apprenticeship training will be completed with us and, where possible, we will help you to secure permanent work.
At the end of the course you will gain the following qualifications
• BTEC Level 1 Caring for children under 5
• specialist pathway unit that covers either Childcare in an Early Years setting, Childcare in a home based setting or Working as a Teaching Assistant
• Functional Skills Maths*
• Functional Skills* * (if required)
A paid level 2 or 3 apprenticeship
Initial apprenticeship job prospects include;
• Pre-school worker
• Nursery Worker
• Childminder assistant
• Teaching assistant
Longer term prospects include
• Senior Nursery or Pre-school worker
• Higher level Teaching Assistant or qualified Teacher
• Working with looked after children
• Family support worker
• Your own childminding business
How to apply?
Contact 01159 783 399 or email email@example.com to find out more details and to apply.