Futures are working in conjunction with Nottinghamshire YMCA to support with their recruitment of Residential Social Care Workers within Nottingham and surrounding areas.
Working in the care sector can be one of the most rewarding jobs for the right person, it is about promoting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to help young people mature into society. With Nottinghamshire YMCA, protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults is one of their highest priorities. They aim to ensure that everyone is welcomed into a safe, caring and homely environment and takes a zero tolerance approach to all forms of abuse
With core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of all our programmes, Nottinghamshire YMCA is proud to welcome applicants from various backgrounds and possessing a range of different skillsets.
Our training in Health and Social Care will help not only give you the basic understanding of what is required within the sector, but also develop the personal skills and attributes that ensure you are able to deliver a high level of service at all times. With a supportive tutor on hand to guide you through the process, you will learn key topics required from the sector including (amongst others):
- Understand the principles and values in health and social care
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care
- Introduction to communication in health and social care
The course itself will last for 15 days based over a 4 week period with training each day taking place between the hours of 09:30 and 16:00. Course dates are:
07th to 11th October 2019
15th to 18th October 2019
22nd to 25th October 2019
28th to 29th October 2019
Please note, childcare is fully available for ALL learners on the programme where needed, but MUST be an OFSTED registered provider. The responsibility of sourcing suitable childcare lies with the individual learner, but Futures will arrange all payment through way of invoice.
At the end of the course, all learners will gain a fully accredited qualification through City and Guilds:
• Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings
• Level 1 Certificate in Employability
This certificate can then be added to your CV and used to apply for further training and development employment opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the training course all candidates will be offered a guaranteed interview with Nottinghamshire YMCA for the role of Residential Social Care Worker (job description at end of document)
If successful all candidates will be directly employed by Nottinghamshire YMCA on a permanent basis and will be required to adhere to all standards and processes set forth by the company.
You can attend this course if you are:
- Aged 21 years old or over (Based on Ofsted requirements for the role)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please contact us for further details for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
If you are interested in this course, please contact the Futures team on:
Call 0845 266 9799
Or speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach